This is what I was doing....
Marriage advice? I don't have much, I mean I won't kid ya, our marriage is not perfect... but here are a few things that I've learned over the years and that I continually need to review...
1. Serve one another - because in doing so you are actually back-handedly serving yourself.
2. Forgive quickly - everyone has bad days and bad moments, cut them some slack.
3. Ok, this one goes against the traditional viewpoint, but go to bed angry sometimes.... now, let me clarify - for me things seem so much bigger when I'm tired. I blow things out of proportion. We could end up arguing all. night. long. about something if I choose to deal with it at the wrong time. Sleep on it and see if your perspective has changed first.
4. Don't expect them to fulfill your every need - there is only One who can do that... your husband is not God.
5. Work, work, work and don't rely on your emotions... use your head to make decisions not your feelings.
I can truthfully tell you that's how Steven and I are still together today - the road has not been an easy one for either of us - we are two different people. But God put us together because we compliment each other, I believe. And after 10 years, we are still learning things together.