Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Little Off...

Lillie and Avery have been a bit off today - Avery has had violent mood swings and Lillie has been crabby....she's hardly ever crabby.

I think Lillie is finally trying to poke a tooth through that bottom gum line - that is probably why she is a bit off. Avery? Who knows? I am terrible at guessing his problems. Sometimes his problem is that he's 3. Sometimes its that he's the third boy in the family when he sees himself as much older and much more influential. Sometimes I really think that he has something allergy related going on with him and that he just doesn't feel good. But most of the time I think it's a combination of all three things.

Tonight we put everyone to bed at 8:00pm. That is a little early for Avery because he took a good strong, long nap this afternoon and that usually sets him up for being up for quite awhile. So even though he was sent to bed over an hour ago, he is still awake.

"Mom! Mom!" he yells to me from his bedroom door, crying.
"What is it Avery, what's wrong?"
"I dunno"
I tuck him back into bed, pull the covers up to his chin and lay my head on his shoulder.
"I cold" he tells me.
"Your cold? Aww, I turned your heater on ok?"
"Ok, mommy. Goodnight."
"Goodnight Avery."
"I yuv you."
"I love you too Avery" (We're whispering to each other as I lay my head on his shoulder, such a touching moment...)
"Mom...now go away."

Touching moment gone :o)

2 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Those off days are rough aren't they. I hope they find their grooves again soon.

What a cute little moment too :)

Kim Ayres said...

"Mom...now go away."

At least it reflects he feels secure, but... :)