Friday, November 6, 2009

Lets Talk About Poop

Specifically? Avery's poop. I am sooooooooooo tired of changing his poopy pants. He still refuses to poop in the potty. He has done it once, and while it wasn't a traumatic event and he was very pleased and proud that he had done it.... he also only went half way and proceeded to do the rest of the job in his underwear.

I had a point of being ok with it, because he was completely trained to put the other in the potty. So while we had one accident a day to deal with, it was only one accident. But he is now regressing and becoming lazy and will do everything in the pull-up because he can.

I've tried everything... and seriously I mean everything (short of laxatives!) But I can't convince him and he doesn't seem at all hurt or convinced by my disappointment, pleading, bribes, punishments, encouragement, etc. etc.

He's four now and yes I must admit I feel a little bit like a failure as a potty trainer... but really how in the world can you make someone else poop?

So I will continue to try and try again and grit my teeth and change another poopy diaper - but man, I'm pooped.

No comments: