Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's 2:30am... Do You Know Where Your Children Are?

3 of mine are safely in bed. One is in the bathroom... no, he's not sick... just poopy. I was awakened by Avery's crying tonight. I went in to see what was wrong and I could smell him. I checked his pants and the *object* was right there. I swooped him up and sat him on the potty... that was 1/2 an hour ago.

Yes, it's ridiculous. But so is being 4 years old and still pooping your pants. I'm done with it. So we are at a stand off this very moment. Yes, I'm tired and keep second guessing myself. Yes, Avery is exhausted and I feel bad for keeping him up. But it's a power struggle... pretty much has always been a power struggle and by golly I want to win this one.

I've made brownies at 2:00 in the morning in hopes that they will lure him to compliance. I'm not sure it will work. I'm not sure I will have anything to show for this in the end except an extremely moody and tired little boy come morning. Wait, it is morning.

So right now I'm on the fence. Did I just imagine it? Is there really nothing there and I've kept this boy on the potty for this long for no reason at all? Or do I keep fighting the fight until he does something... anything? Why, oh why does this need to be so stinkin' hard?

In the end, at least I'll have some form of a brownie to show for the effort.

No comments: