Saturday, May 30, 2009

Don't Judge Me...

until you've taken a walk in my shoes. My feet look hideous, the sandals I wear almost daily are old and worn...


but I'm about to enter a crisis moment. I'm not kidding. These awesome shoes are a pair of Teva flip-flops that I've had for almost 4 years now. I got them at an after summer clearance sale at a Cabelas in Kansas City and the sales person told me that he had comfortably backpacked in Brazil for a month wearing the male version of these very sandals and I scoffed - totally thought that he was totally feeding me a line to get me to buy them.

Well he didn't have to try to impress me with their comfort. I like the style of them. Now 4 years later I love them more today than the first day I layed eyes on them with that red clearance sticker. They are seriously the most comfortable sandal I have ever owned and I wear them almost daily even though I have a closet full of other sandals (just ask my husband).

I have never gotten a blister from these - my feet have never ached after wearing and walking for long periods of time or distance. They are probably the most comfortable things that I own and they are slowly dying. You can see that my foot print is permanently implanted into their soul.



The toe flap (is that what it's called???) is about to break...



So what's the problem? Just buy another pair, right? I can't find them! I've looked on the official Teva website even, they just don't make them like they used to. I am fearful of a summer without these sandals! What will I dooooo??? (do you hear the desperate whine in my typing?)

I will suck it up and take it like a sandal wearing pro and find another pair I guess. But nothing, absolutely nothing can replace these in my heart... (ok, that's a little overstated, but you get my drift...)

3 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I feel your pain! Seriously! I have my favorite sandals too and they are also wearing thin and I always knew where to get more and I thought no big deal, I will order them when it is time... well, I decided yesterday I would do that... yeah... company went bankrupt. UGH! If you find a good pair let me know, maybe I'll try them too!

Vicki W said...

Have you tried eBay?? :)

tammyk said...

I have the same love affair with my big clunky winter shoes. I can hardly wait for cool weather each Fall so I can wear them instead of sandals!