Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm Not Promising Anything...

but I think I'm up to a Winter Challenge, and that's exactly what I'm gonna call it - The Winter Challenge. (so very creative, I know.)

Here's what I'm thinking.  What good is winter if you can't basically sit at home, curl up in a blanket and read a book?  Yep, from my perspective that's pretty much all winter is good for - the occasional snow is fine, but I would rather just hibernate til spring.  Speaking of... did you know today marks 100 days until the first official day of spring?

So in hopes that I will be able to fulfill my plan of curling up to read while I endure the next 100 days known as winter, I have decided that I will read the Bible in 100 days.

Back at the beginning of the year I was able to read the Bible in 90 days - there's a whole program with support materials and everything.  It was the first time I was successful in a "read through the whole Bible" program - that read the Bible in a year stuff never worked for me - I always got distracted or procrastinated to the point that I just gave it up.  The shorter time frame is easier for me to stick to and the larger chunks of reading help me to get into the "story" of it all a bit better.... plus knowing that if I procrastinate even one day I'll be behind 12 chapters helps me to stay on track. 

So I'm wondering if anyone will join me?  I know it's short notice... but all you need to do is read 12 chapters a day.  I'm going to try to post things that pop to mind while I'm reading - questions I might have, things I find interesting, any nuggets of truth that strike me through the journey...  not everyday, just from time to time. This is going to become my electronic journal... just because I really don't know what to do on this blog anymore.  (But that subject is for a different post). 

Anyway, if you'd like to join me, I'd love to have the company (and the accountability)... or if you ever want to leave a comment about something that I babble on about, I would welcome the conversation too.

Regardless, I challenge you to do something big this winter.  Make it worthwhile - even if these days make you go blah... and if you are gonna do The Winter Challenge with me, then you need to go read Genesis 1-12. :)

No comments: