Sunday, December 26, 2010

Are You Feeling Abandoned?

Sorry.

I guess I should have thought through the whole holiday thing before I planned this little project, eh?  I must say that my reading has not been the best and my blogging has been non-existent, but I'm not giving up! (and neither should you my dear silent reader...)

I am skipping Numbers and Deuteronomy... for now.  I plan to get back to them at some point - may listen to them on cd or something, but at this point I'm picking up at Joshua and reading along again.  No biggie.

I will day that since my last post I've been introduced to a study on the background and customs and details of the Bible, especially Old Testament stuff, called That the World May Know.  Our church has a few from the series among their small group study materials so I checked one out the other day - very interesting.  I heard Focus on the Family revisit an interview they did with the series founder Ray Vander Laan... you can click here to hear the interview.  Good stuff.

Anyway, I hope to get back into the swing of things now that I've put my house back together.  I'll also recap our Christmas here in a day or two.

If you wanna get back onto the reading wagon you need to read Joshua 20-Judges 7 for tomorrow (I'm going to try to read a majority of Joshua and gradually make my way back on track).  Good luck to you - no matter if you're on track or have a ways to go, just read something!  (We still have 83 days til spring... we can do this!)

See ya later... I promise.

No comments: