Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Dear Huston

You are a very sweet child that I do not understand most of the time. From now on I promise to invest more time in you in hope of figuring you out.

I believe you suffer from the quintessential symptoms of "middle child syndrome" and I will admit that you often get looked over in the midst of the busyness and chaos of meeting the needs of your younger siblings (and the homeschool needs of your oldest sibling). You can be so low maintenance at times, comparatively... and you can also be so very, very manipulative and dramatic to the point (I'll whisper it) to the point of annoyance... but, that's just you realizing the truth to the old adage concerning that squeaky wheel.

I love you greatly - you can be so considerate and you have such a sweet, gentle nature. I have determined that you need some good parental attention, and a good outlet of something for "just you" (you keep asking about horseback riding lessons, really? would you really get on a horse?).

We will overcome this and you will grow to be a wonderful little man. I just need to figure out how to help you do that! Please Lord, help me to figure him out!

No comments: