I'm not really going to sit down here and give you a play-by-play of what has been happening in our family over the past week, but I will give you a run down...
1. Baseball season started and that makes me happy.
2. Huston got a battery operated riding tractor for his birthday and that makes him happy.
3. Steven's folks bought the kids a playground set and it was delivered to our house yesterday, this makes everyone happy. (Avery said that Uncle Daniel brought us "a load of playground..." :)
4. Uncle Daniel is going to put the playground set together for us and Isaiah is going to help him, this makes Isaiah happy.
5. Huston also received a really cool large cardboard, color-yourself castle from my folks for his birthday, this of course makes Huston happy, but it also makes Avery very happy because he's all about coloring too.
6. We are getting closer to becoming ready to start our "chicken farm" - Isaiah and Huston have worked hard with me (mostly them though!) to get the chicken house and yard ready. Hopefully we'll be set to go by next week. This makes us all excited.
6. We got to go to a symphony concert last Saturday night. One in which our friend was a featured solo pianist. She did an outstanding job, Isaiah enjoyed it, Huston wasn't as sure about sitting for so long but tolerated it well... despite the fidgety kiddos the evening made me happy.
Now for the not so happy news...
1. Lillie fell off the "tall chair" and brought it down with her, somehow blackening her eye in the process. Our first black eye goes to the girl of the family. This does not make us happy.
2. Avery woke up in the middle of the night last night covered in blood because of a nose bleed. This did not make us happy.
3. It's crunch time for homeschooling (the year officially ends at the end of June) and so we are picking up the pace so we are sure to get done by then. This does not make Isaiah happy.
4. Steven has been traveling a lot of late and that means a lot of late evenings of single parenting and this doesn't make for a happy mommy.
But all in all the good far outweighs the bad. Especially since the Cardinals are off to such a good start! Anyway I will leave you with a picture of the birthday boy on his new tractor.