Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lotsa Lotsa Pictures

So I am feeling less annoyed now - not completely over it all but its getting better. I think the trouble was that I was coming down with yuckiness. I haven't had much of a voice since Sunday night - kind of achy and the like, so I have been kind of sleepy, grumpy, sneezy and a few of the other dwarfs as well...but I am feeling a bit more spunky today.

So to recap a few things that have been going on around here I will share some pictures. Lillie is sitting up really well these days. Not very wobbly and when she does "fall" over its usually a smooth transition forward to her belly so that she can reach something. She is getting pretty grabby...watch out brothers! (these are action shots - so they're a little fuzzy - I didn't want to keep using the flash on her when I was sitting so close)


Avery is still my biggest challenge right now - he's too smart for his own good...he knows when his opportunities arise to cause mischief. He always seems to want to stir the pot and keep me on my toes. He waits until my attention is divided, when he knows I cannot react to his behavior quickly and he pounces. He's like a little baby tiger learning how to hunt for his next victim. There are times when he can be really sweet...that's the only thing keeping me going right now - that small light at the end of the tunnel. It will get brighter, it will. it will! I have determined that I have to be super consistent with him, with his brothers there were times when I could be lax due to my laziness...if I do that with Avery, all I had worked on up until that point in time will come unraveled. And if it comes unraveled often times I come unraveled too! (here he is wearing an appropriate shirt...and don't let him fool you, he's not showing remorse in this picture, he is sticking out his "big belly" for me to take a picture of)



Huston's school started last week - he only goes on Wednesday mornings to a mom's morning out program at a church not too far from us. Now the school started last week, but Huston started this week because last week my head wasn't on straight and I plumb forgot to take him to his class. Luckily he was very understanding and he was ready to go this morning and had no anxiety about walking into his classroom.


Isaiah is writing up a storm. We've taken a break from school for a bit - I wasn't feeling up to it this week (he couldn't have heard my instructions anyway!) and next week he is leaving for a camping trip with daddy so I thought it would be a nice time for tiny vacation. He has decided to write letters this week though...he also wrote a list of rules for his room and posted them on his door. They are as follows (I used spell check when transcribing these):

"1. The devil is not allowed.
2. Do not disagree.
3. Do not use bad language.

Tell you about our room

It is a mess. It is always a mess. We like it a mess. We do not want it clean."

Hmmmm....we'll have to work on that last part....

After Huston's morning of school this morning I decided to take everyone on the trail. It didn't last very long unfortunately. Avery kept complaining about his belly and wanted me to hold him. It's hard to hold an almost three yr. old and push a mammoth stroller over pea-sized gravel. Luckily he could be easily convinced to get down and walk/run. But once I got him convinced, Lillie would fuss - so we ended the excursion early. Not before I tried to take a few pictures of all the siblings together...ugh, can I tell you how many shots it took to get this piddly handful...and these are not the best, but they will do for now. (On a few of them I am keeping them simply because their expressions make me smile...I think you'll be able to identify those)


And I will end on that, cause Huston is clearly waving goodbye and Isaiah looks very mischievous....

2 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. You have such cuties!

MammaMayMiller said...

your kiddos look so cute!! and I'm impressed that you managed to get the 4 of them sitting still enough to take their picture, without any of them making a fuss, or a horrid face... Getting my 3 together to take half-decent pictures of them is virtually impossible!