Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Stories for Labor Day

Last night I was hopping around reading different blogs and learned that some chose the Labor Day holiday as a chance to tell a bit about their Labor stories...Kennedy's mama, Renee told hers and I thought it was a fun idea. So keeping in the spirit of all of my late to arrive kiddos, I will tell my Labor stories a day later than "Labor Day."

1. How long were your labors...

All of my labors were really pretty short - which I think is one of the reasons why we have 4 children, not much about my pregnancies/labors were difficult. Isaiah was about 5 days late and I was scheduled to be induced on a Monday morning. I started contractions some on Saturday night, but they went away. They returned Sunday night and I was pretty consistent with them by the time we arrived at the hospital for my scheduled induction. We got to the hospital around 7am and they went ahead and gave me a small bit of pitosin - I am not really sure why looking back at it now, but anyway it helped cause we had Isaiah out and about with us by 11:20-something that morning. I was given Stadal for the pain and vowed that I would never have it again. It made me so loopy, sick and sleepy. Dr. Jones had to tell me to open my eyes to see my baby. Every other child was induced from nothing....Huston on his due date, Avery a day past and Lillie a week ahead (my good doc was going out of town for spring break). All of the kiddos got their eviction notice about 8:00-8:30 in the morning and all were in my arms by lunch time. I only had to push twice with Avery and once with Lillie and they all were beautiful (after they were cleaned up anyway).

2. How did you know you were in labor?

Pretty much because I was hooked to an IV in a hospital bed. I had a few "practice" runs - especially with Lillie - she toyed with me a lot, but overall I stayed dilated forever but the steady contractions would never come.

3. Where did you deliver?

At a hospital - the same hospital my husband was born in actually.

4. Drugs?

I had pitosin with all of them to "start" the process.
Isaiah - Stadal :o(
Huston - nothing :o((
Avery - epidural that didn't work :o((
Lillie - epidural that was so totally awesome! :o)

5. C-section?

Nope

6. Who delivered?

Dr. Jones for all of them - the very best favoritest doctor ever.

So there you go...wasn't that interesting! Anyway - I have it written down for the kids now.

No comments: