Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Avery...

He is so funny. Lately he is very in to getting himself ready - dressing himself, putting on his shoes, zipping up his jackets, etc. He feels very proud and in control when he can choose what he is wearing and can put it on himself. The result of this new found freedom has been multiple clothing changes throughout the day - usually involving his pajamas. You know, because pajamas are so cool - he has dinosaurs, he has basketball, he has spiderman, he has cowboy - so many fun styles to choose from - a boy just can't wear one pair overnight!!

This evening, Steven had put the boys to bed - I could hear that Avery was not sleeping - he didn't sound like he was really goofing off though - just maybe talking to himself in bed. I was on the phone with my mom - we were just chit-chatting about this and that - I even told her how funny Avery had been with his constant clothes changing. Well toward the end of our conversation I heard Avery start to get upset - he was calling for me. I told her that I had to go - Avery was needing me - and I hung up and headed upstairs. I couldn't keep a straight face when I got to his room...I even had to call Steven to come see his son, and I had to take a picture (and call my mom to tell on him)....


Yes, that is Avery stark naked and standing in a pile of every pair of pajamas that he owns. I guess he had a little crises moment and just could not decide which pair to wear tonight. He finally called for me when the decision became too overwhelming. I helped him back into his spiderman jammies and sent him back to bed while I folded all of his pajamas and returned them to the drawer. He seemed very thankful for the intervention.

No comments: