Wednesday, March 18, 2009

T-Minus 3 Days....

So tomorrow is my baby girl's 1st birthday - and while the day will be low key - we may have a few friends over for cake and fun in the evening - I am already in denial about the weekend to come.

That would be The Party I'm denying - not only Lillie's 1st birthday party, but also (brother-in-law) Daniel and Carol's first wedding anniversary, and also Carol's birthday, and (why not?) also Huston's family party for his 5th birthday....and I have not cleaned my house, and I have not secured the menu, and I have not really fully visualized the cakes. But oh well, I've got 3 days!!

I would really like to just take the party to a park somewhere and let the fun be had - but weather? who knows what it will be...and how many are coming? we probably won't know until they arrive. (which yes, this makes me a little crazy at times).

So I need an easy menu that is not just kid-palate yummy but also adult-palate yummy and a theme that can *fit* or else overlap all events. Not that easily done, but hey, let's face it, the adults are going to get short-changed in the festivities because....well....they're adults.

On top of all that, er, stuff, I woke up *old* this morning. My knee hurts, my back hurts, I'm cranky tired - must of slept crazy last night - and I am acting like I'm retired from most responsibilities. I just go out and enjoy the day with my kids and I forget that I am being paid to do a job at the church or that I have house things to take care of. Luckily I have a co-worker that calls me back to task or I would be letting way too much just slip on by!

So basically I am just sitting over here, wasting time, piddling, and not getting anything accomplished toward the goals that need to be met. Hmmm....maybe I just need a good vacation to get it all out of my system. Maybe I'll be celebrating the festivities at a resort in Hawaii!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Lillie!

For Cal's first birthday party (which also honored his aunt and his great-grandpa whose birthdays were both that same week), we got barbecue from a local joint and had sandwiches, then made slaw and mac-and-cheese. It went over great (but my kids love barbecue sandwiches, so. there you go.)

Good luck!