Friday, June 5, 2009

Hello, My Name is Jessie...

and I'm addicted to fountain Coke. It has been 3 minutes and 23 seconds since my last swallow. (I'll wait for your hello)...

Good grief, I'm pathetic. I thought that I could kick the habit - and to be honest, I could. But why? What's my incentive? Will it make me fat (eventually probably so...), will it give me cancer (well, yeah, probably this along with every other unhealthy thing I consume or do... and who ever really knows anyway), will it begin a lifelong bad habit for my children (quite possibly, but then again, maybe not)???

Why am I worried about it? Because it's a dependency issue that I really should get a grip on... probably. I mean I love it, yes. It tastes great, yes. It wastes money, ummm... ok, even if I get it on the half price happy hour clearance, yes. Do I get the shakes and want to hurt myself or others if I don't have it... ummm... let me think on that one... I guess I'll say no. (but I do at times get a doosy of a headache which could be from this or any other number of reasons - like say 10,000 lbs. of pollen and allergins in the air that I am breathing).

I really have - on average - about 5-7 fountain cokes a week and quite a few of them I set aside and lose track of only for the ice to melt them past their prime and they then are abandoned and deemed not worthy of my drinkage (enter money wasting...) - so what'd ya think... do I have issues?? Ok, let me clarify, do I have soda drinking/money wasting/fountain coke obsessing issues. Uh, yeah, on second thought don't answer that. Anyone wanna meet me a Sonic??

2 comments:

MammaMayMiller said...

I'd join u if i lived any closer.... Honest!!

tammyk said...

I'm afraid I can only be an accomplice! I love my soda, too, waaay too much. I can be your ally when you need justification or rationalization...