Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Best Laid Plans...

this time around may not work out at all. Today was to be "town day" - we were going to go pick up a few things needed, take Lillie to her check-up, work at the church and to top off the day Grandma was going to come by and pick up the kiddos from me so I could stay in town and have an evening with a couple of friends... one of which just returned from a month long stay in Australia.

But last night around 12:30 am Huston started in with a stomach bug. I will save you the gory details, but needless to say we aren't venturing too far from home at this point. Appointments canceled. Plan B implemented. My fun evening maybe screeching to a halt.

Oh well, I'm tired from a very restless and often interrupted sleep last night and secretly glad to have the morning to sit around and hopefully catch a nap. I'm crossing my fingers that Huston catches a nap too and perks up this afternoon so that I can still go out this evening... we'll see.

I must admit, I'm really, really ready for a break.

No comments: