Tuesday, February 24, 2009

You've Heard of Anklebitters??

Well, we have a toe-nibbler. Lillie has been chewing on everything lately....and today she discovered that when her brothers feet are dangling and they are not paying any attention she can nibble a bit at their toes! Isaiah laughs, Huston pulls away and says "ow" and Avery? It gives him just one more reason to not let that girl touch him.

I'll try to get a picture of it sometime - although I am trying to break the habit.

Avery and Huston are still puny. I had to take Avery into the ER last night for fluids - he ended up dehydrating himself. All-in-all it wasn't a terrible experience. The doctor was a punk but the nurse was a saint. We waited a long time to get into see them, but once we were in there it went fairly quickly. I dreaded the IV treatment, but once it was done he looked and seemed to feel a lot better. And there was a marathon of Andy Griffith on the TV - what could be better for my little man when sick and stuck in a hospital bed. Barney got him through the initial poke beautifully.

I had started to write a huge long post on the whole ordeal, but it was taking up a lot of space and clearly wasn't interesting! Avery is perkier today and is making wet diapers so that's that. Huston still isn't eating too well either. I have a feeling in a day or two they will both be eating us out of house and home.

Isaiah is very sweet. I love him dearly - he helps me so much. This morning, after a short night for me, he helped all his siblings get their breakfasts while I slowly got myself started. We still have a "lazy man" attitude to work through, but that boy has a heart of gold.

Well, Avery's calling, I may have another diaper to change this evening yet...

1 comment:

RK said...

The visual picture I have in my head of her sneaking up on those unsuspecting toes...totally priceless!