Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Last Few Days

We are slowly getting back into our routines and things so far have gone pretty smoothly. The boys and Lillie have made this new adjustment in our family so easy on us. It's like the boys always knew that Lillie was to join them and it's like Lillie was born knowing exactly how to do this baby stuff.

So Lillie and I started back to work on Monday. The ladies in the church office all get their baby fix (the men folk pretty much keep their distance) - and my schedule and responsibilities are so flexible I can do whatever whenever as long as I get the job done. So here is what Lillie thought of working with mommy...

Seems pretty impressed with everything, doesn't she.

Tuesday marked the beginning of week number two of being a mom to four with all of them at home for me to manage, entertain, and keep out of trouble. We have our rough spots, but all in all everyone is pretty helpful towards each other and things go on as they did before baby for the most part. It does help that at this point Lillie still sleeps a majority of the time. It's nice that God eases you into these situations. Really the hardest part has been the weather. I can't remember the last time we had a good string of sunny days. So the wet and the cold and cloudy has not helped in the area of running off some of that energy. Spring, where are you, and you don't have to bring your friend Rain along so often?! So the older boys have been a little antsy.

Speaking of ants - here's a sure sign of spring - the rains come down and the ants come in. We've spotted the first ones of the season in our dining room. It seems that they enjoy all the little pieces of food that seem to miss my children's mouths. Not to worry though - we have Avery. He is just going to have to grow up in some sort of field of conservation or ecology. Here he is following, studying, and trapping the ants he found - but he calls them ladybugs, for some reason all bugs are ladybugs to him...










In this next picture it shows how he decided this empty ice cream bucket made a pretty good ant jail...Looks pretty proud of himself, huh.

Well, Tuesday turned out to be a marathon day - Steven had meetings and stuff after work so I attempted a bath night solo. Truthfully I can't remember the last time I gave these boys a bath - the last few weeks have been such a blur. So what do you do with a wide awake newborn while you need to attend to the older siblings? Make one of them babysit of course...












See, I told you everyone was being helpful. This morning Huston will have his preschool class in the morning...I called my grandma to see if she would take the other two boys for the morning, and Lillie and I will head to the store to get a few things - or maybe we'll just go home and take a nap....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Mel says you need to add a pair of feet to your blog picture. :)

Mom

Jessie said...

I know, but that means I have to try to coordinate 4 pairs of feet and I'm just not brave enough for that yet!