My sister-in-law answered this list of questions on her blog concerning my brother (her hubby) and I thought that it was a good way to highlight our husbands - they are sometimes the forgotten member of the family when we get busy caring for children....and that's sad.
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
Well, he threw out our TV quite a few years ago - but if he had control of the remote at one of our parents houses he would be watching Lawrence Welk.....I kid you not. He likes to watch it to make fun of it, sort of. Or he would be watching something documentary like - history channel, travel channel, discovery channel, etc.
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
He used to be a no dressing man, he graduated to lemon wedges to squirt on the salad, now he will have Italian or house dressings.
3. What's one food he doesn't like?
Nothing goopy please - to him mayonnaise really should be very, very rarely used.
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order?
We don't do bars - but mostly in his past he has drank a beer or two with friends.
5. Where did he go to high school?
Hickman High School here in the town we currently live
6. What size shoe does he wear?
Ooo, this one is really testing me...I think a 10.
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
papers - he must save articles he finds interesting and other useless...um..er...valuable information....or kitschy junk or souvenirs...he's got too much of his grandfather in him! :o)
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
I have no idea really, he doesn't usually have favorites, if we are in a sandwich shop he orders a club more often than not.
9. What would he eat every day if he could?
rice or pasta
10. What is his favorite cereal?
some type of granola cereal probably...he's not much of a cereal eater.
11. What would he never wear?
12. What is his favorite sports team?
oh my, again he is more of a specific player follower than a team and he really enjoys foreign soccer teams more than anything, or bike races like the Tour de France or Giro de Italia
13. Who will he vote for?
he is voting Constitution party this election - Chuck Baldwin....I don't think I am taking away his right to secret ballet by telling you - he wants to post his sign in our yard anyway.
14. Who is his best friend?
the guy he has kept up with most consistently since high school is Matt.
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do?
spend money is probably the biggest one - he thankfully is the saver of the family for sure.
16. How many states has he lived in?
one - a life long Missourian
17. What is his heritage?
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
one of the few cakes he cares for is a butter pecan cake mix poked and soaked with sweetened condensed milk, topped with cool whip and sprinkled with crushed Score/Heath bar - serve chilled....he will have a piece of other cakes but they don't thrill him usually.
19. Did he play sports in high school?
he was on the golf team in high school believe it or not - hasn't played much since.
20. What could he spend hours doing?
reading....its amazing how much reading the guy does - or biking he loves to bike (as in bicycle not motorcycle).
21. Does he belong to any men's organizations?
He belongs to some community organizations, not strictly for men's groups though - he is active in PedNet which is a group that looks to educate and promote others to use more of a pedestrian lifestyle. He also is on our town's visioning committee helping to solve future dilemmas and plan for the general health of our town, and he is involved in our local community radio station - broadcasting an interview news show every Tuesday evening at 5:00pm.
So there is a little look into the life of my crazy husband. He's a hoot.