Thursday, January 3, 2008

Eye Exam

We have had a busy and not so busy last few days...We spent some time recovering from the congestion and pink eye - which we did successfully - no other cases in the family (thus far anyway) and we have had some good rest times.

Yesterday was a morning of drs. appointments, lab work and meetings for me. Just routine pregnant lady stuff, capped off with a meeting at church about some of the stuff coming up for the new year. The boys stayed with their grandad and GG (great-grandma)...

This morning I took Isaiah in for an eye exam -- just another routine thing, didn't really have any major concerns, just at times he couldn't seem to focus on his school work and wanted to make sure it was just attitude and not anything physical. His eye sight is good (so we will be working on that attitude) but we did confirm that he is color blind. I had my suspicions here lately and he pretty much failed the tests for red/green color blindness (or passed them depending on your perspective :-) Not much we can do about it except teach him to cope. Don't have any pictures of the eye exam...took my camera but never took it out of my bag - still trying to get in the habit of taking more pictures.

I did take some of Avery goofing around with his dinner the other night. I had made some noodles and he refused to eat them, instead he insisted on pretending that they were snakes crawling around on the table top. He kept saying "nake, nake....hsssss" so I let him play...it was a battle I chose not to fight at that time...he's a goof, that is for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austin would be tickled pink to eat at your house. He's told me, it sure would be easier to clean this table off if you'd just put a tablecloth on it!

Jessie said...

Better tell him that the tablecloth would still need to be cleaned...although with the cheap vinyl ones, you don't feel so bad if you have to pitch it for a new one after several months...