Saturday, January 26, 2008

Shh...quiet

It's been a quiet week here at the Spellman household. I am sure not complaining about this, just never thought I would see the day. When you begin the endeavor of raising 3 small boys, you begin to think that your life will never hold the peace and quiet it had once known - ever again. I know there are many moms out there that know exactly what I mean, I also know there are days that you feel you wouldn't trade it for the world. But I also know that there are days when you stop and ask your son, "Do you have to do everything making noise!" Here are a few snapshots of our quiet days. Isaiah has become quite the worker - he sits at a desk or table and does coloring, writing, legos, whatever keeps his little hands busy. He has even told his brothers that he would "rather not play at this time," he needs to do his "work." Wow, it is amazing to see him grow into this new stage and I know that he will not always be the "quiet worker" but he is certainly gaining his independence in things and that is really neat to see.
On another note, Avery has become a total Jonny Quest fanatic. We have the complete first season on dvd and the boy sits absolutely riveted to the screen (as much as a 2 year old can anyway) He has the opening and ending credits memorized and talks and acts his way through each sequence. I tried to capture it for you on video - I'm afraid it was rather late this particular evening so he doesn't quite do it justice, but it certainly gives you a little taste of his fervor...

No comments: