Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Funny Boys

Ok, today we were getting a little bit more to the phase of normal again. Huston was able to go to his morning of preschool - he goes every Wednesday - and Isaiah and I did an experiment with crystals while Avery watched a movie then took a nap. After the experiment was over, Avery was in bed, and Isaiah was occupied with a coloring book, I laid down on the couch - and needless to say I was asleep in no time at all. I awoke to find this piece of paper placed on the floor in front of the couch.Can you read it? It says "Do not dstrv" (that's kindergarten language for 'disturb'). Isaiah thought he would take care of me by posting a little message letting all the people that pass through our house know that I needed some quiet. He can be a very thoughtful boy.

Later on in the afternoon the older two boys were playing quietly in their room when they asked me to help them get an additional toy down from their shelf. I was gone 5 minutes - at the most - I had left Avery occupied in the living room only to return to him at the kitchen table. He had dumped all of the salt out of the salt shaker and was busily scattering it about with his little pudgy hands. I came down the stairs to this sight and immediately yelled "Avery!" He jumped at the sound of my voice and clambered down from the chair saying, "mommy, mess...mess" So of course I took a picture. If you look close you can still see his little toddler imprint among the salt on the chair. You can also see his fingerprints on the table - he's totally incriminated himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy! And smart too!

Anonymous said...

I'm anonymous because I can't remember my password! ) Mom H