Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Won A Major Award...

Don't you hear the voice of the father in "A Christmas Story" when I say that - I love that movie! But seriously, I am very honored and thankful to RK for choosing to pass this award on to me...(this is my first blogger honor and I am indeed honored)

Here are the rules that come with this "major award" -
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award itself.

4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, (that must be Italian....sorry, couldn't help myself) so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. To show these rules.

So ok, here is where I may have to cheat a little with this award. I have linked Ms. RK above and her fun and wonderful mommy blog Just RK, as the rules state - I will also link to her little cutie Braska, who has so many fun adventures to keep up with and together these two have taught me sooo much about Downs Syndrome and RK and her little community of mommy bloggers have taught me so much about how families grow, learn, and are truly blessed by all their little family members that have been given something extra special. So many of these folks are dealing with things I have never dreamed of dealing with and they do it with positive attitudes and determination. They are all inspiring to me.

Now the difficult part is that I am really new to blogging and for the most part, thus far, I have been an eavesdropping blog-hopper. I have not really gone out there and hob-knobbed too much...so I am going to give you five sites that I like checking on relatively regularly that I have found through my leap blogging. I won't officially tag them - cause it seems wrong to do such a thing when I hardly know them at this point - I think introductions should probably be made first, ya know...anyway here they are -

Check out Michelle and her little Ruby - this family has a lot on their plate and they handle it all quite amazingly....
Then there is Jen and her 3 sweet young boys - she is a witty mom that makes me laugh and totally just tells it like it is concerning her adventures in her testosterone rich household....
Next pop over to ~Melissa~ and her awesome, down-to-earth family and all the creative things they keep busy with...

Finally these last two I am choosing totally for their entertainment -
Kim Ayers is a Scotsman with a wonderful gift for storytelling...
and Mary is an American living in Scotland that has seemed to have lived everywhere and experienced everything and she too will keep you looking forward to her next posts (plus as you will see, she has great taste in blog templates!)...

So there are my picks for the blogs I love to check out - believe me, there are many others out there - hop around sometimes when you have a moment or two - its like getting a nice letter almost everyday!


2 comments:

Andrea said...

Jessie-nice to meet you!! Thanks for reading my stories. You have to laugh or you would just cry!!!

Jessie said...

I believe it, I wish I could remember to laugh more often! - thanks for dropping by, its nice to meet you too!