Thursday, July 10, 2008

Silly Avery

Well the morning dawned and we were on day 2 of our new morning routine - update:

Lillie slept until 7!
Avery slept passed 7 (which is truly amazing)
Isaiah woke up earlier than 8, but stayed on his bed reading books which allowed...
Huston to sleep past 8:00!

Much, much better - let me tell you.

When Avery came out of his room - this is the sight I beheld (I censored it of course)

I guess he took it upon himself to get stripped down - guess he knew he would be changing clothes anyway.

Huston showed a bit of 'tude when he came down for breakfast - he thought I stiffed him with the syrup for his waffles...

He reminded me of Scout on "To Kill a Mockingbird" - when Jem was bugging her too hurry up and eat her breakfast or she was going to be late for school (yes, I've seen the movie so many times I have these scenes etched into my brain).

But anyway he snapped out of it pretty quickly (he's like his mommy remember - just needs his space in the morning!)

Anyway I am very pleased so far - hopefully the effect won't wear off and we can make this a permanent routine.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you've got a good thing going with that routine - stick with it!! (And the picture of Avery?! Nice. Boys are interesting, that's for sure!)

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Love the pic of Avery - boys sure do keep moms on their toes!

Glad the new routine is working out so well!