- Isaiah ran his first 5K on Saturday - it was an event sponsored by our church. He was excited to try it because some of his friends in his Sunday school class were running it. He didn't practice. We don't even have any proper lace up tennis shoes for him. He wore his regular everyday clothes (heaven forbid that he would have to part with his camouflage pants). And he ran it in 31 minutes. I'm not very educated on running, but that seems pretty good to me considering he has never ran that great a distance before. He doesn't seem to enthusiastic to try it again tho.
- Huston is becoming anxious about classroom situations (like Sunday school and the type). Isaiah did this very same thing about this age and it only lasted for a season. It's interesting how he gets a belly ache or has something hurting right before class begins. I'm the mean mom that makes him go anyway, and so far he's been fine.
- The older I get, the more I crave cake. Not sure what that's all about.
- Lillie keeps faking me out about the potty thing. I've determined to just let her decide when she's ready - coming off of the long, battle scarred experience with Avery I don't think I could survive it any other way. Yesterday she asked for underwear and kept them clean all afternoon and evening. This morning I put her in underwear and she messed it majorly. *sigh*
- Steven was pretty busy last week and gone a lot - I'm tired.
- I'm reading Lisa Whelchel's book, Friendship for Grown-ups in preparation for one of the Parenting Through the Proverbs lessons I'm compiling and it's an interesting and quick read. I'd recommend it.
- Avery refused to eat the vegetable soup I made because it had peas in it. So I sent him to his room. He stayed in there for about 30 minutes and then came out and declared, "Hey mom? I forgot. I like peas." Then he sat down at the table and forced himself to eat the soup. Of course I rewarded him for the effort.
- My allergies have been terrible this season. My ears kinda ache and I usually end up with a headache. Sleep has never looked so good to me.
- This morning's sky reminded me of winter... I'm ready for spring. I will hardly ever complain about the heat because I would so much rather have heat than cold.
- You know it's gonna be a long day when you finish feeding your kids lunch and you look up at the clock and it's only 11am.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
I'm Running Out of Ideas
So you're gonna get a really random post (ya tired of listening to me yet?? yeah, I thought so.)