Friday, October 1, 2010

And So it Begins...



Grab This Button

This year I'm gonna try to help RK and her gang of friends raise awareness for Downs Syndrome by participating in the 31 for 21 blog everyday extravaganza.  Let me warn you right now that you will be very tired of hearing from me by the end of this month... so maybe you'd like to head over here and check out some other bloggers that are doing the same thing.


I don't have a child or close family member with DS.  I don't live with it day in and day out like so many moms do, so my perspective is very narrow.  I will say that I have met a few moms of ds kids through RK's blog and what a great group of ladies that have been given a special gift wrapped up in the package of their extra special kids.  So while I can't offer you lots of wonderful information to help someone through this journey or to educate you on the needs and hurdles that these kids may need to overcome, I can let you know that choosing life and valuing everyone is a foundational aspect of our society.  I can also be that stepping stone for folks that may be needing to find a ds community.  Whatever my role here, I'm ready... and I hope you're ready to get a post from me every.day. in October.  I pity you already.

1 comment:

RK said...

This is the best thing I've read all day. Thank you! :o)

And I, for one, LIKE hearing from you every day!